How to Choose an Opera Cape 1. The exterior should be wool or velvet, in black or brown. 2. The key to a lovely cape is a silk lining. This is where you express yourself. Get a bold color or pattern, brocade, or even fur trim. 3. Complement your cape with white gloves and a black cane. 4. Only wear to events that occur after 7:00 P.M.
How to Choose an Opera Cape
1. The exterior should be wool or velvet, in black or brown.
2. The key to a lovely cape is a silk lining. This is where you express yourself. Get a bold color or pattern, brocade, or even fur trim.
3. Complement your cape with white gloves and a black cane.
4. Only wear to events that occur after 7:00 P.M.
2 years ago
- Jose is the fourth grade boy I mentor...and he's cooler than the kid you mentor. Just sayin. This is a conversation between he and I today.
- Jose (looking up randomly from his "because of winn-dixie" book): "Some girls in my class like you."
- Me: "Oh really?"
- Jose: "No, I mean, they LIKE you."
- Me: "Oh."
- Jose: "No amigo. They like, ummm...I don't want to say it."
- Me: "Say what?"
- Jose: (mumbles something in spanish) ...well (turning red now) they have a crush on you."
- Me: "Oh man!"
- Jose: "Yeah...but they're slow."
- Me (thinking they maybe had a legit learning disability): "Oh really? Do you help them with their math?"
- Jose: "What? No. I mean they're slow. The only boy they ever catch at recess is Javier because he's kinda fat so he doesn't breath that well."
- Me (trying to maintain composure): "Poor Javier."
- Jose: "Poor Javier."
Pegasus mating with a unicorn and the creature that they birth I somehow tame it and ride it to the sky and clouds and sunshine and rainbows. That’s how I feel.
- An exchange between me and a stranger while hanging out with Brian at Barns & Noble...
- Me-"...that trailer looks funny though."
- Brian-"Yeah but can Tracy Morgan do anything else?"
- Eavesdropping Stranger reading gun magazines- (laughing loudly)"Hilarious...Trailer. What doesn't?"
- Stranger-"What are ya'll talking about?"
- Me-"The new movie with Tracy Morgan"
- Me-"No, I can't remember what it's called"
- Stanger-"You haven't seen watchmen?!"
- Stranger-"Man everybody seen watchmen!"
- Me-"I know man."
- Stranger-"You seen brokeback mountain?
- Stranger-"oh yeah...you aint gay are you?"
- Stranger-"Good. Maybe you should see brokeback mountain. I don't support yo-yo fags."
- Me-"Fair enough."
- Stranger (standing up)-"That's right, fair enough. I can read 1300 words a minute cause I took speed reading classes at silvia learning center cause I'm a genius!"
- Me-"That's awesome."
- Stranger (walking away)-"And like chess! I'll whoop your @$$ in that too! Cause I'm a genius...Fair enough."
- Me-"What just happened?"
- Brian-"I'm scared."
We have created a phenomenal subculture with our own media, entertainment, educational system, and political hierarchy so that we have the sense that we’re doing a lot. But what we’ve really done is create a ghetto that is easily dismissed by the rest of society.
3 years ago
Freaking cool and airline safe. A big hit for me right now as I search frantically through my stuff to make sure there’s nothing that will get me strip searched at the airport today.
3 years ago
This t-shirt serves as my prediction for what is soon to come…H1N1 is no simple flu.
3 years ago